Anniversary
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Ouch...

Day 11 is wondering about the worst injury I've ever had.

I was pretty accident prone growing up, so I've had a few good ones. LOL One broken wrist, three broken fingers, one dog bite, one torn ligament, one contusion in my head, 9 stitches in my knee, dislocating that same knee, hairline fracture in my foot (although the dr didn't think it was fractured, so he didn't x-ray it. I could tell you it was when it was still hurting over a month later!), and I'm sure there are more, I just can't remember. (do 2nd degree sunburns count as injuries? I've had a couple of those...lol)

Probably the worst one, though, was the stitches in my knee. It was right at the beginning of 7th grade. I was taking some dishes out of my room, and tripped and fell right on my glass aquarium lid. (Why was it on the floor? Why did I trip? Because I was 12 and my room was messy! Haha!) I yelled out to my parents and they took me to the hospital. The doctor gave me 9 stitches, and I got to go to school with crutches. (I think it was within the first week of a new school, too. So you can only imagine how I was known that year...)

I'd say the worst pain I've ever experienced (other than contractions...) is my back seizing up. I have scoliosis (my spine is crooked). This happens regularly, but one night when I was in high school, it seized up so bad, I was crying and almost numb from the pain. I felt like I actually had no muscle in my back. It wasn't any fun.

1 comment:

  1. Ouch! You've been through a lot!

    Minnie, Mack, foster Mario and hu-mom Kathy

    ReplyDelete