Anniversary
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Let's attempt a challenge!

So, my wonderful group of friends that were all due in April like I was decided to do a blog challenge. I've seen a few of you do them, but I didn't think I'd have the time or motivation to do one. Well, I can't promise much, but I'll sure try! Here's the challenge. (Yeah, yeah - we are doing a July one, but who cares!)


Today (Well, technically yesterday) we needed to write our goals for the month. August 2012 is turning out to be a big month for me, so I have a few important goals. The big news is that I'm quitting my job in the hotel industry that I've had for over 5 years to go back to school!  I have been anxious to go back to school for a couple years, and it's actually one of the things that helped Kelly and I decide to do other things, like get married and have a baby first. So, I'd say the original decision was a good one. =) It's weird to leave a job after over 5 1/2 years with the company, but I gave them about 5 weeks of notice because I was able to. I have two more weeks left, or technically 6 shifts. =)
Rowyn helping me announce me going back to school. =)

This gives me many goals to work on this month:
School Goals
  • Make sure I have everything I need for going back to school - notebooks, binders, back pack, a working computer (haha - I think I'll be spending a lot of time in a library until we can get one, probably on Black Friday)
  • Get ready to focus and work really hard. - I wasn't the best student, but I need to work really hard and get really good grades because I'm hoping I can get my bachelors in Early Childhood Studies and then get my masters in Speech Pathology. It's not going to be an easy program to get in to, but it's want I ultimately want to do.
  • Work on a schedule that will help Rowyn. - I've already scheduled my classes so I can go to school after Kelly is off work. I can be with Rowyn in the mornings, and then go to school in the afternoons, and then we can spend time as a family in the evenings. (Then I can do my homework!)

Non-school goals
  • Get Rowyn sleeping in her own room by herself! - Rowyn has been in her crib in her own room for a month now. But, we sleep with her on a mattress in the room. Whoops. She still wakes up a couple times a night, but a quick insertion of the pacifier helps her to go back to sleep. It's such a quick fix, it's going to be hard to have to get up and go down the hallway when she starts to fuss in the middle of the night, but we are going to start working on it soon!
  • Really work on saving money. - We have been saving money, but when I quit my job, it's going to be a lifestyle change for us, so we are going to have to do some adjusting. (not eating out so much!)
  • Learn to cook more! - This goes along with saving money. We are really working on learning to cook more meals at home, and we are enjoying the things we can come up with. =)
  • Lose some weight. - I'm not one who loves to work out or even eat healthy, but I've noticed some weight loss since we've been eating at home more, and I'm hoping that I can get myself into an exercise routine very soon.
So it turns out I have a lot to do this month.... Maybe one of these goals should be not to be so wordy and work on shorter blog posts. Haha.
 
The last four months have been so fun with Rowyn! I don't have a lot of time to go into details, but I will post a few of my favorite pictures. =)

Rowyn was two months here. I love this shirt and hope it'll still fit when it finally cools off!

A collage I made of her first three months. I'll be taking her four month picture this weekend!

Rowyn's nursery. We have the changing table in the corner under the mobile now. I need to take an updated picture!

Four generations! Rowyn finally got her meet her Great Grandma when she was just over three months old. =)

My beautiful girl. Love her. =)

1 comment:

  1. You have your plate full, but I have no doubt that you can accomplish all your goals!

    ReplyDelete