Anniversary
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Spirit of Boise


On Saturday evening we went down to Ann Morrison Park to check out the hot air balloons. There had to be at least a few thousand people there! (I'm not very good at estimating, but I think there were that many...) We got there just in time to see them start filling the balloons up with air and headed as close to the front as we could.

The pictures are kind of blurry because I didn't use my flash. (Yep my camera is that bad...)

For some reason, we were all thinking they might fly them, but then we thought about it. That wouldn't be very easy! So, as soon as all the baloons were all filled and upright, they started lighting them.




There was an announcer that would tell the pilots (?) when to light up the balloons and the crowd would cheer every time. After a little bit, Kelly, Dan and I realized that was all they were going to do, so after you've seen them all light up, everyone flicker and then try to do a wave with the fire, we'd seen it all.



It was fun, and our parking spot wasn't too bad, so after about 30 minutes, we headed out. A lot of people must've thought the same because they were all leaving, but a lot of people were still coming, also. I hope they didn't miss it all.

I think they are wanting to put this, and the Boise Music Festival together and almost make another Boise River Festival. I hope they can do that, I used to love the River Fesitval!  I guess we'll see what happens next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment