Anniversary
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Maggie's Update

Just a quick update to let you know how Maggie is doing, She is getting bigger and bigger everyday and I can tell she is uncomfortable at times. Dogs are pregnant for an average of 63 days - she is due around May 26th, and I can't wait! I just want to post a before and after picture for you to see.
This was a month or so ago, she was just barely pregnant.


This was her last night, at 44 days.


I tried to recreate the picture I took last month, and I'm going to do the same for the next few weeks. :) We will get the x-ray that tells us how many puppies she will have the week of the May 17th (Happy Birthday that day, Mom!). They can tell after 50 days, but it's best to try and wait for 55 days so they can get the best picture.

I am trying to take her for a walk every day to make sure she can build up her stamina and have the strength for labor. It's pretty funny because Brodie runs ahead, stops and waits, then once we catch up, he runs again. Maggie is the complete opposite, she walks very slowly, but on Friday, we got down the street, and she just stopped. She was like, "No, I don't want to walk - it's too hard with this extra weight." I have . I tried to take a picture of her on my phone, so it's not the greatest quality.

                        
               Yes - it's still cold enough for a sweater in the morning.. goodness, it's May!

Kelly's birthday is on Monday (May 10th) and so we are celebrating this weekend, and I have Monday night off! Yay! I haven't taken an extra day off since New Years Day. (Not that my regular 3 day weekend is really tough...lol) Of course, I will take a couple days off when the puppies come, too. Wahooz, which is a "fun center" (It used to be called Boondocks) gives you a free unlimited pass on your birthday and doesn't matter how old you are! So we are going there on Monday and we will go out to eat, also. It will be fun!

Happy Mother's Day to all the Mommies! (Especially mine!)  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment