Anniversary
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Sugar and Spice!

We are having a girl!!!

(I know everyone knows this by now, but I still want to blog about it. hehe!) We had our big ultrasound on my birthday! It just happened to time itself right, I was 18 weeks then, so I made sure I got to find out the gender on my birthday. It was a week earlier than they usually do it, but since it was my  birthday, they said it was fine. =) What was also kind of cool about it, was I was born at 11:27am, and at that time, we were looking at our little girl on the ultrasound. It was the best birthday present!

I honestly thought it was going to be a boy, LOL. Kelly said he knew it was a girl the whole time, but he would never tell me when I asked him what he thought. I always told him I was 51% wanting a girl, and 49% wanting a boy. A couple weeks before the ultrasound, I started getting nervous and leaning towards maybe wanting a boy more. Kelly said he was doing the same thing! Haha!

But now, we are so excited to be having a daughter! I start thinking a lot about how blessed we are to be having a baby, and then I think about how blessed we are that it's a girl. I just think that's the right fit for us right now.

 Here is her profile. See her making the I Love You sign with her hand? It's perfect because Kelly and I do this all the time!
Her perfect feet with ten perfect toes!

Five perfect little fingers!

I am now 23 weeks pregnant and feeling pretty good! Other than the general aches and pains that come with growing a baby, I'm gaining the 15lbs that I lost during morning sickness back, and I am able to enjoy this pregnancy! I have my glucose test on Dec 13th to test for gestastional diabetes, so hopefully I pass! We don't have a name completely picked out for her - that's a lot harder than I thought! I had always had a name kind of picked out, but it's almost like it's just not her name, so we are going through a lot of different names, and we have one that we call her occasionally, but we still aren't 100% on it.

She is very active, and I have been feeling her kick since I was about 16 weeks. It so cool to feel her moving around in there! I love being able to tell how much she is growing by her movements, and the different places I can feel her. By 23 weeks, they say that her face is fully developed, minus the baby fat, and that she can hear things outside the womb, so I have started to play her some good music! Just tonight, she let me know that she liked Frank Sinatra. =)

I have taken a belly bump picture every two weeks, which has been a lot of fun to see the changes. I might start taking them every week once I hit 30 weeks or something, but for now, I think every two weeks is good. Here is the one we took on Sunday for 23 weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment