Anniversary
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A Couple Weeks of Christmas


I decorated for Christmas right after Thanksgiving this year. I absolutely love Christmas and Christmas decorations! I bought a lot more this year, so I had to get tub #3 to hold it all when I put it away. (Yep, I wait until New Years to do that :) ) I put Christmas lights up outside the house, also. I did it all by myself, Kelly pretty much just held the ladder for me. I grew up helping my dad put up the lights, and doing it from on top of the roof, so that's how I did it. (our neighbor called me brave. :) )

It's not much, but I'll have more next year! I think next year I'm going to add some color to it. 

This is my parents house. See where I get it from?

Kelly and I went to my parents house in Mountain Home, which is about 45 miles south of Boise for Christmas the weekend before the 25th. I had to work Christmas Eve and Christmas, and my sister Natalie's son was going to be at his Dad's for Christmas, so we figured it would be easy to just do it the weekend before.


My 2 1/2 year old nephew, Joey knew what the presents were all about, and he was ready to open them! He was so cute, his phrase for the night was "ooohhh no!" and he would say it when he opened a present. We got him a little people farm set, and when he tore the corner of wrapping paper off (all you could see what just a tiny bit of the box) he said "A guitar!" LOL He's definitely got some personality!



Kelly got an argyle sweater from Natalie and her fiance, Adam  I got some stuff, too, but I picked them out myself the day after Thanksgiving and took all but a shirt home with me, so that I would have something to open. :)

Natalie got the dogs a present, too. We took it home so that they could open it themselves.








They actually got all the wrapping paper off and opened the box of cookies themselves! They even ate a couple before we took it away. It was great!

 I tried to get Maggie and Clyde's picture under the tree, but this is the best I got.

Maggie's a good girl though. She stayed for a nice picture. :)

I did feed them under the tree on Christmas though. :)
(Notice we don't have a tree skirt or any presents under the tree? Yeah, we have a puppy!)

We went over to Kelly's aunt and uncle's house on Christmas Eve and Christmas, and since I had to work both nights, I just left from their house and went to work on Christmas Eve, went home Christmas morning, got 4 hours of sleep, then we went to Kelly's mom's house to open a couple presents. His mom had gotten us a washing machine a couple weeks ago when ours broke, so she just picked us up hats so we could open something.



Kelly's family doesn't take many pictures, so I felt weird taking pictures. I took a couple, but one is of Kelly's cousin's baby, and I'm not sure how private they are about pictures on the internet, so I'm not going to post the cute little guy.

Sorry this is so picture heavy - I really need to post more so that this doesn't happen! I hope everyone had a great and blessed Christmas celebrating the birth of our Savior. Have a great New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment